ZZ® 345 Fire Protection Silicone is suitable for sealing expansion joints in walls and floors that simultaneously must also satisfy
fire protection requirements.
|Test norm||EN 1366-4|
|Fire resistance class||E, EI|
|Fire resistance duration [min]||30, 60, 90, 120|
|Seal type||Joint seal|
|approved components||rigid wall, rigid floor|
OTTO PE-Round Cord B2 show variants|
|ZZ® 345-C Fire Protection Silicone||B15H00-0001||1|
|ZZ® 345-TB Fire Protection Silicone||B15H00-0002||1|
ZZ® 345 Fire Protection Silicone is suitable for sealing expansion joints in walls and floors that simultaneously must also satisfy fire protection requirements.
- Additional Information
Suitable for Building construction joint in accordance with ISO 11600 and fire resistance classification up to EI 120
- Outdoor use suitability, Class ISO 11600-F-12.5 E
- Joint width up to 40 mm and 25 % movement capability
- Backfill with the usual PE round cords or mineral wool
Approved penetrating elements
- Minimal fill depth: Expansion joints can be sealed with a fill of ≥ 5 mm on one side and mineral wool backfill up to a joint width of 40 mm. As backfill material, not only mineral wool, but also PE and PUR can be used depending on the application. Mineral wool can be processed quickly and easily due to its low density of 40 kg/m³. With the minimal fill depths of ZZ® 345 Fire Protection Silicone and lower density of the mineral wool, the processor saves time and money.
- Application in building construction joints: Through the verification in accordance with DIN EN ISO 11600 the fire protection silicone is suitable for outdoor use in building construction joints. As specified in the verification, ZZ® 345 Fire Protection Silicone satisfies the class F 20 LM requirements. Expansion and movement joints with up to 20 % mechanically induced expansion remain permanently sealed, even under demanding climatic conditions (e.g. temperatures to – 20 °C).
- Fire resistance: Reaction to fire is classified as flame-retardant in accordance with DIN 4102-B1, and in addition satisfies the class E requirements in accordance with EN 13501-1. Due to the European technical approval ETA-12/0118, joint seals with ZZ® 345 Fire Protection Silicone can be classified up to a fire resistance class of EI 180. The fire protection properties also remain intact when used in outdoor areas, this has been tested through tests in accordance with ETAG 026-3 and is reflected in the use category X.